Sunday, December 27, 2009

Help! How to help a grieving dog...???




Help! My dog is grieving
and I'm a little unsure what to do... ??

Cooper is mourning the sudden loss of her brother yesterday. I'm measuring my own feelings and they pale in comparison to my surviving dog Cooper.

Whilst out at the beach yesterday, or in the park today, she is mostly distracted enough.... showing interest in her surroundings and new smells...

Yet at home she lays flat and unmoving.... paws straight out with her head bowed. She blinks up at me, showing sadness in her eyes...

I'm walking her more regularly and during the day she is by my feet at my desk, or following me around the house. By night, I've now moved her inside bringing her bedding into my room to be near me. She no longer has Samson to curl up next to outside in the kennel.

It breaks my heart to see her so sad. Watching her eye the back door to see when Sam is coming in.

I'm giving her a tonne of attention and love, which is helping my own grief whilst I am increasing my bond with her.

If you've had any experience with a dog grieving, and you have some helpful advise... please leave a comment for me below.

My two cats are fine. They are indoor only and well bonded to each other. Cleo, who was always a great buddy with Sammie seems to be fine. But then, she's closer to Chloe and they sleep cuddled up together also.

Forever grateful...

Katie & Cooper...

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback :o)